Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Food: Bentoya

There is nothing in life better than a dish that you keep feeling its taste for the next couple of days after you "GAME OVER" the dish... I will not write too much since I need you to read as quick as possible and head to the restaurant that I personally ADORE... of course I went with my dear friend that shares with me the passion for food...
 
**ADVICE: always eat with someone who shares with you the same interest in food otherwise EAT ALONE its way better than their judgmental stares and comments.
 
 
Bentoya is an authentic Japanese restaurant in Dubai located on Sheikh Zayed Road just beside Axiom cafe. Three words to sum up this restaurant SIMPLE AUTHENTIC GENUINE...

 

Bentoya is not one of the fancy Japanese restaurants that you will visit but it is by all means equal to the food that you will eat at Zuma, Nobu and Okku yet way affordable... I grabbed your attention didn't I... Well proceeds reading I'm sure I will persuade you to head to Bentoya...
 
 
 
As you can see my friend and I had to dine in the car since we had to head to the cinema to be on time for the movie but we could not watch a movie with an empty stomach.. Anyhow I know you are not interested in my life story... So here we go..

Appetizer

Top left: Ebi Tempura, a deep fried buttered shrimps
Middle: Wafu Salad, Crabstick, Vegetables, seaweed and dressing
Top right: Gyouza, a Japanese chicken dumplings
 

Main Course

Down left: California Maki reverse, Crabstick, avocado, cucumber, tobiko and mayonnaise
Down Right: Crunchy Shrimp Roll, Shrimp with lettuce and mayonnaise
 
I will sum my review on all the dishes above by this statement ... If you are a fan Sushi and Sashimi and haven’t tried Bentoya then you are insane.. If you believe Sumo Sushi is the best Sushi then you have no idea what an authentic Japanese food tastes like ... If you trust my review you better grab a partner and head there .. The food is phenomenal.. It’s like visiting Japan but with much less costs... from the appetizer to the main course everything tasted like out of this world ... I’m a big fan of Tempura and Gyouza and by far this was the best I had since a long time .. And I recommend the Wafu salad also known as crab salad it is a "SLICE OF LIFE IN DUBAI" ..
 
Total Bill was 172 Dirhams.. Can you believe that!!! If you want a taste of Zuma, Nobu and Okku I would totally recommend you to visit Bentoya .. TIP: the seating outside the restaurant will give you a beautiful glimpse of Burj Khalifa...

No comments:

Post a Comment