Thursday, April 18, 2013

Food: Salamlek Café

What is Life? A question that I always had on my mind!! ..Facts are that life is just a word and that our actions and activities are what define it... But again what actions and what activities!! ... Well, for me and as I always say I have a different way in seeing the world and I got me personal opinions and as I respect others perspectives I like people to share me their respect towards my own point of view. Too much philosophy and you are looking for a food review... Going to reach to that point... bear with me my dear readers... what I'm trying to say is that your life is boring as hell if you don’t take risks and if you don’t give yourselves the chance to be adventurous .. Yes being healthy is important but so does tasting a piece of heaven... GOT THE POINT!! ... In short, it’s about giving yourself the chance to go beyond limits just once a week and enjoy the marvelous beauty of life in food ;)...
 
Salamlek
Salamlek Cafe is a small seating are located in Dubai Mall near Glaries Lafayette... My first impression of it when I saw it was that is a typical cafe ... But let me bedazzle you it’s NOT ... Salamlek Cafe offers you a taste of the traditional Kunafeh... Of course I’m a risk taker and nothing can stop me from trying a cheese pastry dessert...
 
 

You feel dizzy just by looking at the picture RIGHT!! .. Well read the following... when I first saw my Kunafeh I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the smell of it... The smell itself flew me to Turkey, Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon the original countries where the Kunafeh is considered a traditional dessert ... my first bite of this heavenly Kunafeh was what I call a "Guilty Pleasure”... It was soft from the inside and very very cheesy as you can notice from the picture... Yet the outer layer was a crispy layer covered with shira "melted sugar"... This Kunafeh is a must try ... I have been eating Kunafeh for a long period of my life as it is my way of making ME HAPPY... but this Kunafeh made my day... Here is the catch: if you are not a big fan of too sweet and sugary pastries this dish is not to be for you... “ITS YOU LOSS” ... but if you are a risk taker and you dont mind the extra calories “YOU ARE MY HERO “go for it  ... It’s delicious .. Made just like the Kunafeh you will taste in the original countries that prepare such a delight..
 
 
FYI.. The cafe also offer different kinds of kunafeh .. Fruit Kunafeh .. Honey Kunafeh .. Cream Kunafeh .. And Chocolate Kunafeh ..
 
 
Amount Paid was 86 Dirhams.. My order was two Kunafeh with Cheese, green tea, red tea and a bottle of small water.. Expensive!! Maybe a little since Kunafeh is not supposed to be this expensive!! Worth it?? 100% and full of satisfaction
 

No comments:

Post a Comment